Cilantro Lime Chicken
Even though chicken may be a staple in your diet, it doesn’t need to be boring. Make it exciting with this simple recipe that incorporates spicy seasonings to add a pleasant kick to weeknight meal.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - 2
- Coconut Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Lime Juice - 3 Tablespoons
- Freshly Chopped Cilantro - 1/4 Cup
- Garlic Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin - 1 Teaspoon
- Chili Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Cayenne - 1 Teaspoon
- Avocado - 1
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Warm coconut oil in a medium-sized skillet.
While skillet is warming, sprinkle chicken breasts with seasonings (not cilantro).
Once skillet is medium-hot, add chicken breasts and cover.
Juice lime into skillet along with chicken breast and cook about 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
While chicken is cooking, slice avocado for garnish and roughly chop cilantro.
Once chicken is done, sprinkle generously with cilantro and serve with avocado garnish