Bacon Paleo Bagel
Having a Paleo Friendly Breakfast that doesn't involve eggs is sometimes hard to pull off. And let's be honest, we all miss waking up with a cream cheese covered bagel together with our favourite cup of coffee. Hence, a Paleo Bacon Bagel.
- Blanched Almond Flour - 1 Cup
- Large Eggs - 3
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 Teaspoon
- Sea Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Lard - 1 Tablespoon
- Mace - 1/8 Teaspoon
- Cloves - Pinch
- Bacon - 6 Slices
- Baking Fat - 1 Tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add all ingredients (not including the tablespoon of butter) to a large mixing bowl and combine well using a hand mixer.
- Use the tablespoon of butter (or your preferred baking fat) to grease the donut pan.
- Pour the batter into a donut pan so each well is half full.
- Cut bacon slices into quarters and arrange four pieces in each donut pan.
- Cover bacon with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Using a clean toothpick, run it along the outside of each bagel and gently pull each one out of each well.
- Serve with extra bacon or however you would normally eat your bagels. (Off the top of my head ideas that come to mind are pulled pork, smeared with some strawberry jam or cream cheese, topped with an egg or better yet, scramble some eggs and serve as a Paleo bacon, egg & cheese-optional sandwich.)
- Enjoy! :)