Acorn Squash with Walnut and Cranberries
Here’s a new and delicious way to get your squash fix: instead of stuffing it with sausage or other meats, try a big pile of hearty walnuts and tart cranberries. The nuts give the whole dish a great texture, and the cranberries add little bursts of sweet-tart flavor in every bite: it’s perfect if you typically think of winter squash as bland or flavorless.
- Acorn Squash - 1 (Cut in Half, Seeds Scooped Out)
- Roughly Chopped Walnuts - 1/2 Cup
- Fresh Cranberries - 1/2 Cup
- Honey - 2 Tablespoons
- Butter - 2 Tablespoons
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine the walnuts, the cranberries, and the honey (if using).
- Split the mixture between the two squash halves. Top each half with 1 tablespoon butter or ghee.
- Place in a baking dish, and cover with foil.
- Place the squash in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour, or until the flesh is soft.