Maple Salmon with Chives and Dill
Balsamic vinegar with maple syrup isn’t the most obvious flavour combination, but trust me. Salmon fillets topped off with some well-chosen herbs, together with the syrup-vinegar mix totally works.
- 6 oz Salmon fillets - 4
- Minced chives - 2 tablespoons
- Minced dill - 2 tablespoons
- Maple syrup - 1/3 cup
- White balsamin vinegar - 3 tablespoons
- Cooking fat
- Lime wedges
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Season the fish with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook the fish filets in the skillet, skin side down, for 2 to 3 minutes. Cover and cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar to the skillet and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, basting the fish continuously with the sauce for the remaining cooking time.
- Sprinkle the minced chives and dill over the filets and serve with lime wedges.