Sweet Potato Fries
A great paleo alternative to traditional french fries, these oven-baked sweet potato fries can make a spectacular side dish to a wide arrange of main courses. The sweetness and different seasoning possibilities completely overcome the lesser crisp these fries have compared to the regular ones.
- Large garnet yams - 2
- Melted coconut oil - 2 tablespoons
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cinammon - (Or feel free to use your favourite seasoning!)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F on convection bake (or 400 F in a non-convection oven).
- Peel the yams and cut them into even matchsticks. Then, place them on a foil-lined baking tray (line with parchment paper for a crisper exterior)
- Toss the yams with the coconut oil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Pop the fries in the oven for about 30 minutes, flipping the fries and tray halfway through.
- Plate them when tender in the middle and brown in the edges.