- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ginger Carrot Soup
Carrots, apples, and zucchini might not seem like an obvious combination, but hold on right there. All three of them have a slightly different combination of sweet and hearty creating an amazing soup.
Works great with a wide range of main courses, specially with most forms of steak and is also a low carb alternative to a soup made only with carrots and apples.
- Carrots, peeled and roughly chopped - 8
- Zucchini, peeled and roughly chopped - 2 small
- Diced onion - 1 Small
- Apple, peeled and roughly chopped - 1
- Minced fresh ginger - 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric - 1 tablespoon
- Cinammon - A pinch
- Chicken or vegetable stock - 4 cups
- Coconut milk - 1 cup (Optional)
- Cooking Fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt some cooking fat in a saucepan placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger and the onion and cook until fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Add all the remaining vegetables, the apple, and the spices. Give everything a good stir, and cook until the carrots are soft.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil, lower the heat and let everything simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender, or in batches using a blender.
- Pour in the coconut milk, season to taste, and serve warm.