Almond Flour Pancakes
I've seen a number of variations on almond flour pancakes recipes floating around the internet. Some vary in ingredients, others in the ratio of such ingredients. Of all alternatives available, this is in my opinion the very best.
- Almond Flour - 1 cup
- Apple Sauce (Unsweetened) - 1/2 cup
- Coconut Flour - 1 tablespoon
- Eggs - 2 (Large)
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Fresh Nutmeg - 1/4 teaspoon
- Sea Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Coconut Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Combine almond flour, applesauce, coconut flour, eggs, water, nutmeg and sea salt in a bowl, and mix together completely with a fork. The batter will appear a little thicker than normal mix. (If you want slightly fluffier pancakes, consider using soda water)
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat with coconut oil.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan once it is fully heated. Spread out batter slightly if desired.
- Flip like a normal pancake when the bubbles start showing up on the top, and cook for another minute or two.
- Add more oil to the pan and repeat with remaining batter.